From Kansas City Area:
- Take I-35 to Exit 20. (Sign says “Excelsior Springs.”) This automatically puts you on Hwy. 69 – continue for another 10 miles.
- At the edge of Excelsior Springs, you will see a Walmart on your right. Go straight ahead and this puts you on Highway 10, which is the main street of Excelsior Springs.
- Stay on Highway 10 through town. It twists and turns quite a bit, so watch the signs. You can also follow the signs for the golf course, which is nearby.
- As you leave the eastern edge of town, you will begin to go uphill. At the top of this hill is a sign for the golf course and a sign for the Memorial Airport. This is your cue to start watching for the turnoff. If it’s daylight, you’ll see the water tower ahead; if it’s night, you’ll see the airport landing lights on your right.
- Start signaling and watch for the first right, a short turnoff, which will put you on the outer road going parallel to Highway 10. As you turn, immediately jog left, still traveling in the same direction (east). If you pass the water tower, you have gone too far.
- At this point, you should see the Doniphan sign. Take the first right – “Doniphan Lake Rd.” Continue south on this road about 1.5 miles until you reach our entrance.
- Drive straight in, and just before the lake, turn right onto the road that runs in front of it. This road will take you to the Main Lodge or to the mini lodges just past the cabins. You will need to go to the mini lodge area once on property.